The director manages the activities of NFI-CCSD and is responsible for the financial management of the Institute and for managing its assets. He makes decisions in matters not reserved for the Council and is authorised to represent the Institute externally.
- preparing and presenting for approval the NFI-CCSD annual financial plan and business plan,
- preparing and presenting for approval the annual financial statements and the NFI-CCSD activity report,
- preparing the final report on the implementation of programmes supporting civil society development,
- performing independent legal actions on behalf of NFI-CCSD,
- requesting the Chairman of the Committee for Public Benefit to appoint up to two deputies and define their tasks.
- The Director of the Institute is appointed for a 5-year term,
- The system of the Council is regulated by Articles 5-8 of NFI-CCSD.