The Council of the National Institute of Freedom – Centre for Civil Society Development is an opinion-giving body in matters relating to the NFI-CCSD. It meets at least once a quarter and is appointed for a 3-year term. The structure of the Council is regulated by articles 9-12 of the NFI-CCSD Act, the internal way of functioning of the Council is determined by the regulations.
The first meeting of the NFI-CCSD Council of the first term was held on February 21, 2018.
Powers of the NFI-CCSD Council
- giving opinions on the draft annual financial plan and the annual activity plan of NFI-CCSD,
- giving opinions on the annual activity report and financial report of NFI-CCSD,
- giving opinions on the draft programmes for supporting the development of civil society,
- giving opinions on the final report on the implementation of programmes for supporting the development of civil society,
- giving opinions on the selection of an audit company auditing the annual NFI-CCSD report,
- giving opinions on the draft internal regulation of the NFI-CCSD,
- approving the regulations of tender contests,
- expressing consent to the disposal of assets exceeding PLN 200,000 by the Director of NFI-CCSD.